This weekend my sister and I have been for some lovely hacks. We didn’t go anywhere exciting but it was so nice just to ride out and enjoy the company of our ponies.
We don’t get to ride together that often these days so it’s great when we can.
As far as I can tell, the vaseline has done a good job of stopping pinworm eggs sticking to Galahad’s skin but it has caused a problem of its own. Where he has swished his tail he has transferred a good amount of vaseline to his coat. This isn’t pretty and it is a nightmare to get rid of it.
Soap and water doesn’t really work, although I did make the mistake of using cold water which makes it worse. Cornflour or baby powder is going to be my next attempt but if anyone has any better ideas I would be very grateful to hear them!