Make Do and Mend

With Galahad’s cheekpiece broken I had to come up with a solution to be able to ride him until I could replace it.  Cookster’s bridle is too long but I discovered that I could use Cookster’s cheekpieces on Galahad’s bridle and with a little adjustment it would fit both ponies.

That was really helpful but I also needed something that would allow them both to be ridden at the same time.  I was a bit stumped for a while until I remembered that when we first introduced the ponies to the bit we used some connectors to attach it to their headcollar.

20170823_080930

I fished them out and tried it – luckily I could still make it fit.

20170817_191609-1

I tried a little schooling before risking going out on the roads and I was surprised by how well Galahad went.  I thought we might have a few braking issues but I needn’t have worried – Galahad was under perfect control and we even managed a little jumping.

20170823_080618

In the end I never needed to use the headcollar on a hack but it is good to know that I have it as a backup if necessary.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s