This week I have been focussing very much on our canter transitions. Galahad particularly struggles picking up the correct lead on the right rein as the brand on his near hind makes it weaker.
We have, however, been making progress. This week we did some work on simple changes in a figure of eight. We got the first one wrong but after that they went so well that I decided to try something a bit harder.
I trotted up the centre line, asked Galahad for a particular lead and he got every single one right. That was unexpected! The video isn’t perfect but it is proof.
I’m not expecting us to just get them all perfectly now – in fact it took us a couple of asks to get it right the very next day – but it is definite progress and it does show we are capable!